Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Morning, JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter

Customer Question

JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: My maltese dog is bleeding from the rectum this morning...after vomiting last night4 times. I've just read this might be dehydration?
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: She is 1.5 years old
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple of questions to see if I can better assess your situation, though.Is she still vomiting?Is she having pure blood coming from the rectum, or is it blood tinged stool?Is she trying to defecate often with very little to no stool coming out?Does she seem like she has to defecate often?How is her appetite?Any recent changes in diet, new treats, given human food, gotten into the trash or swallowed anything else before this started?