Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My puppy s 18 weeks old and is a pomsky. We adopted her approx

Customer Question

My puppy s 18 weeks old and is a pomsky. We adopted her approx 1.5 month ago and her respiratory rate has been high, I noticed it since the day we brought her home. I had not been too concerned initially due to having her examined by a vet the 2nd day she came home with us, but I recently actually counted her respirations and it is anywhere from 30-160 per minute, is this normal? She does not appear to be in any distress though. I am a registered nurse by the way.
JA: I'm sorry that S is feeling poorly. What seems to be the problem with S?
Customer: I just told you???
JA: Where does S seem to hurt?
Customer: She does not appear to be in any distress but her respiration rate is about 60 breaths per minute on average????
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: She does not appear to be in any distress but her respiration rate is about 60 breaths per minute on average????
JA: Is S eating normally?
Customer: She does not appear to be in any distress but her respiration rate is about 60 breaths per minute on average????
JA: Is S having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: no
JA: OK. No obvious problems there. How is S behaving differently?
Customer: no
JA: OK. No obvious behavior changes. Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 9 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Any other symptoms? 2- Is the puppy panting? 3- Is the room or home very warm?There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.