Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

How can I train my 6 year old male desexed Dalmation,

Customer Question

How can I train my 6 year old male desexed Dalmation, adopted 2 weeks ago, from being aggressive towards other dogs?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about your Ollie's behavior.I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me the following:Is this new behavior or do you know if Ollie was doing this before?Do you know why he ended up at the shelter?Do you have other dogs in your household?I'll look forward to your reply and will respond as quickly as possible. Thank you.