Dr-Bonk, Veterinarian
Experience:  Five years as a veterinarian working with man's best friend. Have worked with pets, hunting and herding dogs, hounds, and breeders.

Sometimes when I remove his chain he cries, last night

Customer Question

sometimes when I remove his choker chain he cries, last night he was lying on the couch and all of the sudden started crying really loud and then he was fine a little bit later just wagging his tail. he woke me up twice last night with the crying and then was fine and then this morning he turned and hit his snout into a cabinet and cried out.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** he is a 9 year old pitbull
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: that's all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Dr. Bonk. I'm sorry to hear about Harley's troubles. Does he seem to have a stiff neck? Is he reluctant to turn his head from side to side or up and down? Dogs can have muscle injuries just like we do and I'm sure you know when your neck hurts, it affects everything you do. If he seems to be a little stiff and is healthy in every other way, you can try aspirin on him for a few days and see if that offers him some relief. The dose is 325mg per 30lbs every 12 hours. It is best to use the buffered kind and to give no longer than 3 days. Also, it is best to rest him as much as possible, no leashes, running, jumping etc. If he doesn't show any improvement or gets worse in those 3 days, it is time to take him to a vet for an exam.I hope this helps. Please contact me with any further questions you may have. Thank you and good luck!