Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog doesn't want to open his mouth all the way and is hiding

Customer Question

My dog doesn't want to open his mouth all the way and is hiding under the bed most of the full day. His eye seems a little gunk in it to. Not sure if it's tooth problem or eyes problem
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Oops won't open he's mouth all the way
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: He will only lick he's food but won't barely open mouth doesn't seem to be in serve pain but hides under bed all day..
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: How long has he been like this?How old is he?Any history or injury or trauma? Any recent access to chews or did he chew anything?Does he look like his muscles are shrinking around his jaw or the top of his head?