Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog will not eat or drink or even move around very much

Customer Question

my dog will not eat or drink or even move around very much
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: lucy who is 14
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: i gave her one of the pain pills from the other dog.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Lucy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. What is the pain pill from the other dog? Is Lucy the same size as the other dog? If you look at her gums, do they look pink or do they seem pale? If she is not eating and drinking, I am worried about dehydration. If she will take it, try to get her to lap some water, broth or Pedialyte. Can you take her temp with a thermometer? Normal is between 101 and 102. If she is under 100, she is probably dehydrated. If she is over 103, she has a fever. Let me know how her gums look, and what the medication you gave is.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
How is Lucy doing? I hope you were able to see what I wrote. Can I help with anything else?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?