Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

Have 3 1/2 lb tiny toy poodle who is twisting and turning in

Customer Question

Have 3 1/2 lb tiny toy poodle who is twisting and turning in pain with her stomach, she has had a problem with gas 2 yrs ago, but she was stressed out lately and was throwing up and diareaha, took her to vet and they put her onantibotic it worked for one day and now she is in pain, I think it's bloat, when she had this problem before her X-ray showed a lot of gas, HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS GAS, I gave her baby gas med 1 hr ago
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. It appears that Prada is having a digestive disturbance. This could be bloat but this is not common in the smaller breeds. For now, follow these instructions: Fast Prada for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.Give her Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.Give Prada 1/4 of a Gas X available over the counter at the this again in 2 hrs to relieve the gas if present.Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1) If she is feeling better, wean her back to her regular diet. If not, take her back to your vet for further testing. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****