Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Great Dane has a sudden sweeping in her front leg.. Seemed

Customer Question

My Great Dane has a sudden sweeping in her front leg.. Seemed to start in her foot & now her leg is swollen.. It's hard & not sensitive at all, a little warm. Gave her some rimadyl.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. Did you mean she has a hard swelling on the leg that is spreading upwards?How long has it been present?Any lameness or history of injury?Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.