Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

I took him to the animal hospital yesterday and necusee

Customer Question

Hi I took him to the animal hospital yesterday and necusee
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
JA: Excuse me?
Customer: because he vomitted mucus and very unresponsive they gave him plasmalyte and maropitant. He is more responsive today but has not eaten food and drinks very little
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Chango and he is 6 months
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: He only has his first rounds
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: round of shots
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Because Chango's symptoms are so nonspecific, I would need to know the findings of his physical exam and diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests and/or X-rays and ultrasound to be more informative for you. Can you upload a copy of Chango's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but his vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as a tentative diagnosis given? He was given two rounds of shots as a puppy? How old was he at the last given shots?