Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.
21779527

What products do I use to clean home, and also carpet after

Customer Question

What products do I use to clean home, and also carpet after dog diagnosed with Geradia.
Also for what duration
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14years and I'd like to help with your question. Giardia cysts can be killed with a solution of bleach... diluted 1:32. Use that on surfaces that are safe to use bleach on. As for all other areas, giardia needs moisture to survive so allowing everything to dry out is the best method. dump out anything that collects water in the yard. Pick up stool from your puppy immediately to prevent any further environmental contamination. And then just sunshine and dry weather is the best remedy.I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions please let me know. If not, please don't forget to rate my answer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
For what time duration do I clean what about bedding
If you wash it once it should be fine unless there is fecal contamination of the bedding then you should wash it again
Hi Deborah,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Stacy