Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My dashund 10 ibs licked some paint latex ceiling paint was

Customer Question

My dashund 10 ibs licked some paint latex ceiling paint was concerened about her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Casey 4 years
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today. I'm sorry for this concern for Casey but happy to reassure you that ingestion of a small amount of latex paint isn't going to be toxic for her.If enough paint was ingested, then you might see gastrointestinal issues such as vomiting (usually within 20-30 minutes) or possibly diarrhea (within 12-24 hours) but I wouldn't expect much more than this. You might want to flush out her mouth with cool water but she should be fine. I hope this helps to reassure you about her. Deb