Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

My dog ingested a harts clean and chew toy

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She threw up and there were many small pieces. What should I watch for?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. These toys often will be digested in the stomach and will not cause any harm to your sweet Murphy. There also is a chance that this could cause an intestinal obstruction so watch for any more vomiting , anorexia, and lethargy. In most cases, this will side through Murphy's tract easily and it is a good sign that he did vomit a few pieces. Give Murphy a tablespoon of mineral or vegetable oil every 4 hrs to help slide these peices through her tract. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Hi Ilene,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Murphy. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta