Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Wow great my pet spotty has a temp of 99 degrees and shakes

Customer Question

Wow great my pet spotty has a temp of 99 degrees and shakes a lot and the looses his balance
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Chawawa Mail 8 month on the 18th
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes at dog chow
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Yes a chihuahua 8 months old
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: He's shaking and loosing balance ab
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: No very limp
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long have you Had him for? Any possible trauma that you know about?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I bought him January 18 2016. No he did not have a trams of any kind
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If you don't know no biggie I will take him to the vet in the morning
Do these tremors happen at all times even when he is sleeping? A temp of 99 degrees can be normal in a dog. I know some chihuahuas can tremble due to anxiety but otherwise I would be worried about some type of neurological issue that is going on.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I haven't noticed it when he is sleeping
Is his balance off when his is walking, or only when he shakes? Does he have a normal appetite? Any head tilt. I am just trying to rule out something simple like an ear infection vs something going on with the brain.