Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My 4 wk old yorkie tumbled down a flight of wooden stairs,

Customer Question

My 4 wk old yorkie tumbled down a flight of wooden stairs, nothing appears to be broken but he's making this sneezing sound intermittently when breathing.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 8 months ago.
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that Louis took a fall! How long ago did that happen? I'm glad to hear that you feel nothing appears to be broken - that's great. How is he acting otherwise? If he's acting normally, eating, drinking, and playing like usual, then it's likely he's suffered no ill effects from his fall. If he is lethargic, limping, not eating or drinking, his gums are pale or blue, or he's having any sort of labored difficult breathing then I would suggest an immediate trip to the vet for an exam. A sneeze or sniffle here and there can be normal or associated with a mild cold. If you see any of the above signs or that sneeze is getting worse then it's time to see his vet.Please let me know what questions I can handle for you.~Dr. Sara ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He fell about 45 min ago. He did not have the sneezing sound before then. Everything else appears to be normal.
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 8 months ago.
Keep a close eye on him for the red flag signs. It's always a good idea to keep your family vet in the loop as well.~Dr. Sara
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He's sleeping right now, his breathing doesn't appear to be labored & his tongue is still pink.. He is easily aroused & his mom doesn't seem to be distressed.
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 8 months ago.
I'm glad to hear that - sounds good so far. Let us know what he's up to if you need help :)~Dr. Sara
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 8 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Louis. How is everything going?

Doc Sara