Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

About a month ago I took my dog to vet he had problems urinating

Customer Question

About a month ago I took my dog to vet he had problems urinating they gave me a prescription for ciprofloxacin 500mg the vet said he would let his urine sample sit for right days to see if it grew bacteria.a week later he called and said that it did so he wanted to send to a lab to see what kind of antibiotics would treat this bacteria so he called back and said that the antibiotics he previously perscribed would kill the bacteria he had he told me to come in and get another prescription of ciprofloxacin 500mg which I don't understand because he had already taken this perscription and he still has same problem urinating so I got the other perscription and now he is peeing blood I called get today and he said bring him back in I don't know if I should take him back there can you please tell me what to do I'm very concerned thank you micelle
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning Micelle and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. Since the antibiotics did not resolve your guys issue, now it is time to run further diagnostics such as an Ultrasound checking for stones and/or tumors and checking his prostate gland especially if he is not neutered. These are other possibilities, Micelle, for your guys symptoms and now they need to be ruled out so that the correct treatment can be initiated. It may be good for you to take your guy to another vet for a second opinion but be sure to tell them what has been done and what should be done now to help your sweet guy past this. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you I was just looking into another vet a holistic vet thank you so much.I will let you know what they have to say
Excellent, Micelle.... Please let me know...thanks!