Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My dog is 38 weeks along and was fine this mon I had to go

Customer Question

My dog is 38 weeks along and was fine this mon I had to go and put her in a creat came home and now she won't eat but drinks and just lays around she very playful but could get her to do anything
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. It sounds like she may have a bit of a stomach upset if she's lethargic and not wanting to eat. If you want to try giving a general antacid, that may help her signs. You can use Pepcid (Famotidine) and give 10 mg every 12-24 hours. If that doesn't help, then I would want to get her seen. It's also possible that she's painful, especially if she doesn't want to walk around, jump up on things or go up/ down stairs. In that case, I would worry about back pain from a disc herniation. This is very common in bostons and it can cause general pain and lethargy. In that case, we treat with pain meds and rest for 1-2 weeks. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bella. How is everything going?