Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My German Shepherd is sick she won't eat I have no money

Customer Question

Hi my German Shepherd is sick she won't eat I have no money I'm on disability is there someone I could take her to and don't have to have money up front I had her for 10 years I love her to death but I just don't have no money right now she just followed me around she won't eat or drink
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Sassy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian. I am pretty worried by your description, and it sounds like she needs to see a veterinarian. Since I am not in your area, I would not know of any clinics that will work with you if you can't pay up front. You could start by calling your local shelter; some shelters provide low cost care and if not they would know if anyone in your are does. You can check this website for places that help with vet bills: If she won't eat or drink, the place to start is a thorough physical examination to begin to find out where her problem is. I would not continue the penicillin without knowing she has an infection. I hope you can find her the help she needs. Let me know if I can answer anything else.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hi Anthony Carter,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sassy. How is everything going?