Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital
92209471

JA: . What do you want help with? Customer: Today

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: Today my dog's left eye is red in the inside corner, iris is looking toward outside corner,and more closed than his right eye. I'll take him to vet tomorrow. Do you think I should take him to emergency vet tonight or can it wait until the morning? Other than eye, he seems the same. Eating normally,same energy level. I did pull a tick off of him a few days ago. Also I cleaned eye gu
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Levon , approx. 6 yrs
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Is there a way to send a picture via this format? I've got one of you need it. Thanks
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: Huh?
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry to hear about your pets concerning left eye. Based on your description it does appear that perhaps he may have a corneal scratch or ulcer on the eye surface; however if you will post your picture that would be most helpful. In regards ***** ***** concern about the tick you recently pulled off, yes ticks can carry disease that in rare cases can transmit throughout the body and lead to multiple organ malfunctions, including the eye, however this generally takes more than a few days to manifest and typically severe cloudiness of the eye and a low eye pressure (diagnosed by your veterinarian) would cause suspicion of a tick-related cause for the present eye issue. So this is not my first thought as a cause, but your vet should be able to rule this out very easily after the eye examination and pressures are taken.After reviewing the picture I will give my final thoughts on your pets condition. But at first inclination it does not sound like an emergency to me and most likely will be fine to wait until the morning before taking him. You can attach a photo by clicking no the "Add file" or diagonal paperclip icon in the toolbar just above the chat box. Thanks.- Dr. H
I see that you had a chance to review my reply but have not had a chance to respond via chat message. If you are experiencing any technical issues then please visit the customer services page at http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us Hopefully the information given so far has put you at ease for tonight; however it would still be good to have a view of the eye itself to ensure it is stable. However if there is no active bleeding or apparent rupture of the globe, severe pain or pawing at the face, then the eye most likely is stable for now and can wait for a vet visit on tomorrow. They will likely do an eye stain to check for scratched of the cornea +/- a pressure check of the eye if indicated, then appropriate treatment once a diagnosis is confirmed. If you are satisfied with the answer received and don't have any more questions or concerns for me to address then please don't forget to leave me a rating by clicking on the "Rate my Expert" button at the top of the page. This is how I am credited with taking the time to address your pet conners today. Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful rest of your day!- Dr. H