Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

Green discharge in one eye. JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What

Customer Question

Green discharge in one eye.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Chester, 2ish
JA: How old is Chester?
Customer: 2-ish
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. This green discharge form only one eye usually indicates an injury or infection in that eye that has caused inflammation. For now, the best thing you can do is to apply Artificial tears to this eye every 4-6 hrs. This is available over the counter at the pharmacy by Bausch and Lomb and will help flush away any irritants or bacteria that may be present. If this is not enough after a day, your vet wil have to examine Chester's eye and apply a stain to be sure that there is not a corneal ulcer which could be very serious for sweet Chester and require intensive treatment. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta