Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

13 yr old miniature schnauzer has IBD, successfully treated

Customer Question

13 yr old miniature schnauzer has IBD, successfully treated with Royal Canin PV diet, 100 mg metro (and mesalamine until 2 months ago) Pot. citrate added to diet 2 mo. ago to treat bladder stones, and is successful so far. Has stopped eating 2-3 days ago, and has thrown orange bile 2 times in last day. Local vet suggested an ultrasound of liver.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tuck
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: He's grown lethargic in the past several days.
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Tuck. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear about Tuck's problems. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I see your veterinarian wants to do an ultrasound, to check his liver. Have any blood tests been done that make liver disease suspicious?