Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

She was injured in an unknown way Sunday. Helped when we picked

Customer Question

She was injured in an unknown way Sunday. Helped when we picked her up and wasn't moving much. She still are and drank. Today she's no longer eating or drinking and I'm using a syringe to give her little bits of water at a time.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jinx. 11
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Wondering how often to give her water and how much to give her. She's about 12 lbs
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. I would want to get some x-rays of her. If she's not walking, then I would want to rule out trauma/ fractures to the spine or pelvis. These are the common places where fractures can lead to weakness and reluctance to walk. In regards ***** ***** and giving water, the amount that we shoot for is 1 mL per lb per hour. That would be 288 mL or almost 10 ounces of water daily. You can split it into a smaller amount every 4-6 hours. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?