Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Our 14 year old black lab has had diarrhea since Monday evening.

Customer Question

Our 14 year old black lab has had diarrhea since Monday evening. He seemed to be improving this afternoon, but now it is all liquid again. We have had him on a rice with a little hamburger diet and he is eating and drinking and otherwise acting pretty normal. Is there anything else we can do? Should we have him seen at an emergency vet? He also started a low does anti-inflammatory and dasuquin for arthritis a couple weeks ago. Thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Is he currently on the anti inflammatory medication? If so, what is the name and milligrams? 2- Any other symptoms besides the diarrhea? 3- Any blood in the stool?