Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

And my issue is that my dog is hyperventilating

Customer Question

***** *****, and my issue is that my dog is hyperventilating and shaking. We rushed her to the emergency vet tonight. She has a vaginal infection that they gave her antibiotics for. She's already taken a dose of them at midnight, 5 hours ago for us. They also gave her a shot for pain, which may have worn off. Now she's awake and panting rapidly and trembling
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The only other details I can think of is that the doctor said the infection might be staph or ecoli.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy to work with you if you are still needing assistance. Is she having any discharge from her vulva? Is she spayed? Did she have a fever when they checked her at the ER? Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.