Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has eaten sand & now is showing signs of diarrhea.

Customer Question

My dog has eaten sand & now is showing signs of diarrhea. What can I do for him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: 3 months, oso
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Oso
JA: Sorry, I don't understand.
Customer: He's playing and eating and drinking just the same, but has the diarrhea
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Just trying to figure out if I should run him to our vet or feed him chicken and rice or what
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 8 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.Is there any blood or mucus in his stool?Any vomiting?Is he having multiple attempts to defecate with very little to no feces coming out or seems like he cannot hold it?