Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 15 yr old lab. Male that is coughing and gaging.

Customer Question

I have a 15 yr old lab. Male that is coughing and gaging. Bark is ok. Has been putting on weight. We have wood chips in landscaping and he eats grass.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tobin
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Tobin also will spit up his food, but not all the time. No foam.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How long has this been going on? 2- Any pre existing medical conditions? 3- Any other symptoms?