Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian

He hhas tiny blood spats coming from his rear,,I noticed this

Customer Question

he hhas tiny blood spats coming from his rear,,I noticed this morning while he was having a B.M.,,,he was struggling,,he is hiding under the bed and will not come out,,,but he has not eaten,,,,,he seems more scared than anything....
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jack Bunker,,and he is 7,,he is part Pappillion and part poodle
JA: How old is Jack Bunker,,and He Is 7, He Is Part Pappillion And Part Poodle?
Customer: never ever been sick
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: thats about he did get a hold of some of the cat food the other day,,and the cat treats...we have another dog and a cat we adopted also
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog!!! There are a few different possibilities for what could be going on here. If you can look at your pup's hind end, it may give you more information. We can have infected anal sacs that can abscess and rupture, leading to drops of blood or liquid leaking from the hind end (often there will be a small hole visible next to the anus). We could also have some bleeding as a result of colitis (inflammation of the colon). We can also see blood in the stool with some parasites (whip worms), and if your dog has eaten a foreign object that could be scraping the inside of the colon. Because there are numerous possibilites, the safest thing is to take your dog in to the vet for an exam, they can check the anal sacs (requires a rectal examination with a finger), and also check for any foreign objects or bits of debris in the rectum/stool, and prescribe mediation if needed.