Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian

My chihuahua got into the grease from my smoker and has been

Customer Question

My chihuahua got into the grease from my smoker and has been throwing up all night
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can. Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could you call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry to hear Pixel is not feeling well. The biggest concern I would have is that Pixel has developed pancreatitis. This is inflammation of the pancreas leading to severe gastrointestinal upset, mainly vomiting, which can then be accompanied by pain and lack of appetite as it progresses. This could also just be a gastroenteritis (upset stomach). In order to know what exactly is going on, Pixel would need x-rays and bloodwork. However, treatment could be started just with subcutaneous fluids (fluids under the skin to help rehydrate) as well as anti-vomiting medication. Because we know exactly what happened, I recommend heading to your vet to have him checked out and treated. The earlier the treatment, the better the outcome and less expensive things will be. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
You are very welcome. I wish you and your dog Pixel the best. Please feel free to reply back if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a great day!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Pixel. How is everything going?

Dr. G.