Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has kidnet failure he has recently started shivering

Customer Question

my dog has kidnet failure he has recently started shivering all the time what does this mean
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: he has kidney failure and has started shivering all the time what does this mean
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: fred 9yrs
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: he was diagnosed about 9 mths ago and has been doing very well
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 8 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am so very sorry for the diagnosis. Unfortunately the shivering is general malaise or simply not feeling well. Sometimes it can be associated with a stomach ache due to the high kidney values building up in the blood and causing stomach ulcerations and this can be treated with antacids from your veterinarian, others it is due to anemia as a result of the kidney disease. I would advise a return to your vet to determine what the underlying cause of the trembling is and hopefully be able to control his symptoms to get him comfortable while dealing with the newest changes to his bloodwork. A panel to include a CBC, BUN, Creatinine, Phosphorus, and Potassium are advised...Please let me know how else I can assist you both todayIf you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thank you
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlierPlease let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today, I am online another 10 minutes this eveningIf you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman