Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

Will it hurt my 9 yr old, 85 lb golden if he ate 1 500 mg o

Customer Question

will it hurt my 9 yr old, 85 lb golden if he ate 1 500 mg o ibruporphn
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. Friend, 1 tablet of 500mg Ibuprofen will Not be toxic to a 85 lbs dog, this comes out to a dose based on weight of 12.9 mg/kg. We get concern with single doses for gastrointestinal ulceration with doses above 25 mg/kg; and for renal failure with doses above 100 mg/kg. Your dog will be fine. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!