Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

In the last 5 min my dog has bumps about the size of a pencil

Customer Question

In the last 5 min my dog has bumps about the size of a pencil eraser all over his head
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Just turned 2 he is a lab
JA: How old is Turned?
Customer: March 31
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Did these bumps just come up in the last 5 minutes? 2- Is he itchy? 3- Any other symptoms? 4- How much does he weigh?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just came up in the last 5 min doesn't seem to be bothering him and he weighs 70 lbs
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They look ridicules
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there?
Friend, it sounds like your dog is having an allergic reaction either to something he ate or came in contact. This is what you can do: 1- Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 25mg 3 tablets (75mg) every 12 hours for 5 days. You can buy benadryl over the counter in any pharmacy. 2- If by tomorrow morning they are not gone follow up with family vet, he may need additional medications. 3- If at any point you notice difficulty breathing have him checked immediately by ER veterinarian. Note: Yes, I am here I was typing. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!