Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have an English springer spaniel 10 years old and weighs

Customer Question

I have an English springer spaniel 10 years old and weighs 50lb male. 3 times this 2 weeks he will yelp in pain when he tries to get up and when he does he keeps his head down and walks very slow this goes on for a day and then the next day he is fine. Tried to feel his legs and back nothing seems out of the ordinary no yelping but try to move him and the yelping and crying start.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He is in intense pain right now can barely move it seems to be in shoulder area. He won't get up he tries to slide side to side very slowly. He won't roll over and sleep on his side or curl up. Laying down with his front paws to his side. His head feels hot to me. I rated it as moderate but it is critical now and it has been 3 and a half hours and no response from you guys!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Can you confirm if he is comfortable in his neck when you move it up/down/right/left?Any belly tenderness?Any recent falls, slips or injury?Any appetite loss? Or issues eating from his food bowl?