Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog seems to have lost control of his bladder JA: I'm

Customer Question

My dog seems to have lost control of his bladder
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 4 years old
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 8 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! This unfortunately can be quite common dogs that have been fixed, females moreso than males... First, even though he is not showing any signs it would be advised to collect a first morning sample and rule out a urinary tract infection. Some dogs will not show any other signs besides leaking For more information on urinary incontinence in dogs:http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/symptoms/urinary-incontinence-in-dogs Once a uti is ruled out there is one medication options to treat this problem in male dogs. Proin which is given once to twice daily. I always take a baseline blood pressure to ensure there is no issue before starting this medication because it can exacerbate hypertension if undiagnosed I hope this information is helpful, hopefully this is a mild urinary tract infection readily treated with antibiotics but there are other possible causes that may require more longterm treatment. Please let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist with in trying to control her urination issues If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION. Bonuses are always welcome (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlierPlease let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today, I am online another 30 minutes this eveningIf you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman