Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has tetraparesis. He can't walk or stand. I've been

Customer Question

My dog has tetraparesis. He can't walk or stand. I've been able to get him outside to urinate and he went #2 this am. It's time for him to urinate again, but he got afraid outside and he doesn't understand using a pet pad. He's trembling and upset.
My vet sent me home with no help or suggestions. I've looked into full wheelchairs $$$ for him, but the soonest I can get one is Tuesday. I'm at my wits end.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I just got online after being away and I see that your question is here in the queue. I'm sorry that another expert did not pick it up sooner. I believe it likely that the other experts may not have answered because they feel that we may not be able to help much in this venue. You are undoubtedly in a very difficult and emotionally charged situation with your friend and I can tell that you're (justifiably) frustrated and upset. I will do what I can to help from afar - if you'd like to keep chatting please send a reply with an update on you and your pet's situation and let me know what things I can help you work though. If you are no longer in need of help, please let us know that also so we can ask customer service to close your request.Thanks so much~Dr. Sara