Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.
49838867

Our pit- ate the Coban warping around a cath wound. She

Customer Question

Our pit-bull ate the Coban warping around a cath wound. She just had some of her intestine removed Tuesday. I'm trying to ascertain if coban is digestible?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Penny and 4-5 we think, recuse.
JA: How old is Penny?
Customer: 4-5
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: She now has short intestine syndrome
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear that Penny had recent surgery (small bowel resection) Tuesday and has now eaten the Coban wrap around her catheter wound.The short answer is no, Coban is not digestible, and it could become trapped in her gastrointestinal tract leading to an obstruction, particularly at the surgery sites.If she just ate this then it would be best to have her seen at an emergency clinic to induce vomiting. This is not something that you want to try handling at home, especially given her recent surgery.I'm sorry, as I'm sure that's not the answer that you were hoping for, but it is the best plan for her.
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I wanted to make sure that you didn't have any further questions for me, and I'd like to know how things turned out for your pup. If you found my response helpful please don't forget to rate it so I may receive credit for it, thank you, ***** *****