Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

May have eaten Scotts grass seed. Dog is weak not eating or

Customer Question

may have eaten Scotts grass seed. Dog is weak not eating or drinking. 14 years old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Peanut
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: 60 pounds been very healthy, he has no strength last 2 days
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. If the grass seed did not contain any fertilizer, this may not be related to this product but to a metabolic issue such as liver or kidney failure. Fertilizer can be very toxic to dogs and considering Peanuts age, this can be devastating to his already tired system. Check the bag to see if this product is only seed. I would strongly recommend that you take Peanut to your vet or an ER vet immediately since , if this is kidney or liver failure, which could be age related or due to the material ingested, aggressive treatment will be required to flush out his system. There is nothing that you can do at hoke until the vet can run tests to determine what is cauisng this depression and how best to treat your sweet Peanut. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Hi Joan,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta