Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My 9 week old toy Schnauzer jumped out of my arms and fell

Customer Question

hi my 9 week old toy Schnauzer jumped out of my arms and fell down. I don't know what signs I should be looking for. shes walking okay but doesn't want to play. wants to sleep. she followed a flashlight that I used to check her eyes for pupil dilation
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lucy
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: she just is sleeping a lot now, kind of scared when I try to hold her. im not sure if she hit her head too bad. im more worried about bleeding in the tummy. there are no outside wounds
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today. I'm sorry for this concern for Lucy. I do have a few additional questions to ask about her first if you don't mind: 1. How long ago did this happen? And, on what part of her body did she land?2. Can you tell me the color of her gums?3. Is she breathing hard or more rapidly than normal?4. And, just to confirm, she's not limping on any one of her legs? There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb