Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM

Would you buy a puppy with red eye? Having talked with the

Customer Question

Would you buy a puppy with red eye? Having talked with the breeder he told me about the pup but said he had surgery to fix it. I do not know if means he had it removed or tack back into place. Either way what do you think. The little guy is a Frenchbulldog/Pug mix. Thank you for your time
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.
HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. This would definitely not stop me from getting the puppy if you want him. Worse case scenario would be they cut it out and he will eventually have dry eye in that one eye that you have to give him artificial tears this is very common problem in any brachycephalic breed and is almost to be expected. So, no I would not let that be a reason to not get him. What I would want to know about is his parents and whether they had skin problems as many many of these dogs have food allergy which leads to ear and skin problems. The other thing I would do is get pet insurance the day you get him if his parents check out ok. I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have additional questions as I check my computer every night and will be happy to get back with you. Sincerely, ***** ***** rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question and I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B