Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Hasnt eaten anything soid today...keeps drinking lots of water

Customer Question

.hasnt eaten anything soid today...keeps drinking lots of water and then throws it up....been trying to get him to down a pepcid ac and all ready have hamburger and rice boiled
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Carlo almost eleven...boston min pin
JA: How old is Carlo Almost Eleven . . . Boston Minute Pin?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: i took the water away and the look he is giving me is so sad
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: How much Pepcid did you give? How much does he weigh?Can he keep even a sip of water down?Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?Has he had any diarrhea?