Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

My husbands synthroid fell on the floor and we arent sure

Customer Question

my husbands synthroid fell on the floor and we arent sure if our dogs got one. One of our dogs weigh 9lbs and the other is 18lbs. My hubbies dosage is 200 mg. what should we do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!This is a thyroid supplement and a different form is commonly used in dogs. Can you please confirm this is not 200 mcg (micrograms) versus mg (milligrams)?
200 mcg= 0.2 mg and will not harm either dog. It is a dose for a 20 pound dog so even your 9 pound dog will not have any issues. As with any new medications dogs as people can have a reaction to a new medication such as vomiting, diarrhea, hives so if this is seen then there is cause for concern but at this dose I am not concerned about either dog ingesting one tablet of this medicationPlease let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist with tonight! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today, I am online another 30 minutes if I can assist or clarify any additional questions...If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!