Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

He hasn't been eating at all but when I put m outside, he

Customer Question

He hasn't been eating at all but when I put him outside, he ate part of a chrysanthemum, the leaves. I think he could already have a blockage because he might have eaten a sock.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** is an 8 year old Labradoodle.
JA: How old is Moe, He Is An 8 Year Old Labradoodle?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Chrysanthemum contains sesquiterpene, lactones, pyrethrins and other potential irritants and can cause vomiting, diarrhea, hypersalivation, incoordination, and dermatitis. It sounds, however, like Moe was already ill prior to ingesting the leaves which certainly weren't helpful but probably aren't the most important problem at this time. If Moe has remained anorexic and there's any chance that he ingested a sock, the next order of business is to have his abdomen X-rayed to better understand what's going on in his gastrointestinal tract. If there's no evidence of a sock (or other foreign body), diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests are likely to be recommended in an attempt to clarify what his nonspecific symptom of anorexia indicates.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?