Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My neopolitan is 3 years old weighs 9 st and has been on

Customer Question

My neopolitan is 3 years old weighs 9 st and has been on predicare steroids for 1 week finishing the course 1week ago.
The last two days she has hardly moved , not interested in good, doesn't play, doesn't get up when food is about (believe me when I say usually she does) her nose is extremely warm, currently she is laying on my bed with me as I'm a little scared to leave her, I have two other neos that are fine can you advise please
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She has lost weight and is very very quiet and withdrawn
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you tell me, please, why your 3 year old was prescribed prednisolone? Her current symptoms of lethargy, anorexia, fever(?) and weight loss are important symptoms but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. It frustrates me that I can't be more specific for you but her vet and I would need to perform a thorough physical exam on your neopolitan including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests in order to better understand why she isn't well. Are there any other untoward symptoms - sneezing, coughing, increased respiratory rate, vomiting, diarrhea, lameness, drinking excessively/producing a higher volume of urine, lameness, pale mucous membranes of her gums and tongue? If intact, when was her last heat period?