Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

My dog has no appetite, is shaking and has labored

Customer Question

My dog has no appetite, is shaking and has labored breathing. He is a cardiac patient and two weeks ago he got a clean bill of health from his cardiologist. We have been beck and fourt to his regular vet along with a stay at his cardiologist and the have done blood twice, X-rays, ekgs, sonogram, and Cannot figure it out.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ralfee 5
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ralfee?
Customer: He has a 5 out of six heart murmur and had the surgery to open his valve last year with a 50% increase in flow. This all started after that visit.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 12 months ago.

Hi! I'm Dr. Barbara, a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years experience, and I would like to help you and Ralfee today.

I'm so sorry to hear that you and Ralfee are struggling with this. I'm not clear, however, if the diagnostics were done recently since his symptoms of labored breathing, decreased/lost appetite, and shaking have occurred, or were they done last year?

Also, what medications is he currently on, and for how long? Does he have any other symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea?

Hello?! How are things going for Ralfee?

Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Barbara