Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

I have a chi wee that it hasn't been feeling very well I

Customer Question

Hi I have a chi wee that it hasn't been feeling very well I took him to the vet they said he had a distended stomach distended liver they don't know what's coming from they took lab work and everything seems to be normal my dog is very uncomfortable he's pacing I don't know what to do please advise me very very sad
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there anything I can do to get the air out my dogs stomach..
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a copy of Peanut's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but his vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as

A distended abdomen can have a gastrointestinal tract full of air but also enlarged organs (such as the liver, apparently) and an effusion - a collection of fluid in the abdominal cavity. X-rays should have been taken in such a patient. Please tell me if they were. There are no medications reliably effective in ridding the GI tract of air in dogs. GasX (simethicone) isn't a valuable treatment. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this question. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.