Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog shakes s head and s ear is very swollen in the inside

Customer Question

My dog shakes his head and his ear is very swollen in the inside
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

Vanessa, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a close-up photo(s) of Morgan's ear to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I need to clarify what the swelling means. Is it from bacterial, yeast, or mite infection? Has a hematoma (a collection of bloody serum between the ear cartilage and skin) formed because he traumatized the cartilage by shaking his head so vigorously? Once I see a photo I can be more specific for you but from what you've mentioned, Morgan will need to be attended to by his vet at your earliest convenience whatever the etiology of shaking and swelling may be.