How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Drhollowayvet Your Own Question
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 699
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Drhollowayvet is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our 55 pound dog ate 1 grape. Will she be ok or do we have o

Customer Question

our 55 pound dog ate 1 grape. Will she be ok or do we have o induce vomiting?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 6 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H.

I understand your large breed dog ate 1 grape. I do have information regarding the toxic level in dogs. Please just type in a quick reply to let me know you are connected to the chat ok and I will continue with my calculation for your pet. Thanks- Dr. H

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 6 months ago.

So for grapes the toxic amount is 4.4ounces per lb of weight. Which means your pet would have had to ingest over 242 ounces of grapes. That is a lot! Your pet should be fine and I don't recommend inducing vomiting at this point. : )

- Dr. H

Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 6 months ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with concerning your pet today?

If not please don't forget to provide me a rating for the answer you have received today concerning your pet. Thanks and have a wonderful rest of your day!

- Dr. H