Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

BLEEDING MOUTH TUMOR IN DOG HAS BEEN GIVEN ANTIBIOTICS AND

Customer Question

BLEEDING MOUTH TUMOR IN DOG HAS BEEN GIVEN ANTIBIOTICS AND PAIN MEDS KEEPS COMING BACK ANYTHING CAN BE DONE??
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about Rocky's condition...I know this is so sad to see him like this.

It appears that this may be a very aggressive tumor and your vet must determine, if this has not already been done, what tyoe of tumor this is and how nest to handle this. In most cases, the biopsy is done and your vet will refer you to a veterinary Oncologist who can either treat or remove this mass. I am very worried about your sweet Rocky because this sounds very invasive and there may not be anything that can be done for your old friend but without the information, you will not know.

Ask your vet to refer you to an Oncologist who has access to better testing and then you will know what will be best for your old friend,. Rocky.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. They did not want to remove the tumor because of Rocky,s age. I will look into the oncologist

Good for you....I understand that at Rocky's age, removal would be risky with the anesthesia....All you can do for your sweet Rocky is try...Good luck!