Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog is 13 years old. She was very clingy last night and

Customer Question

My dog is 13 years old. She was very clingy last night and when I was going to bed she was shaking and panting. She stopped eventually when I lay down beside her but she was disturbed. Stayed with her all night and she slept. This morning is only able to take a few steps but wants to eat if hand fed. Not interested in drinking. She is on previcox and tramadol. Also on antibiotics for an infection as she has a lump on her leg. Thanks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: Not really. I think it serious and will contact my own vet shortly. Thank you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about your gal's condition....this may be due to severe pain and, since she is on strong pain relievers, this may not be enough. Your vet will have stronger meds to help her past this. There is also a possibility that she is having other issues such as liver and/or kidney problems that would cause her this distress. Have your vet run blood work to determine if there is organ faliure that would cause her this pain. All you can do for now is comfort her and hope that this is something that can be treated.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta