Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My puppy has a bad red rash on s tummy and seems very

Customer Question

Hi Dr! My puppy has a bad red rash on his tummy and seems very uncomfortable.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, I have tried the anti fungal and bacterial shampoo it cleared up for a day and then came back. He is constantly licking it and rubbing his belly on the floor to itch it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It appears that your puppy probably has an allergic reaction and the chewing and licking is making this even worse. The best thing to do for him is to give him Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs for 7-10 days and apply a cortisone ointment topically to the affected areas every 8 hrs. This can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy such as Cortaid. If this does not resolve, have your vet examine these areas to be sure we have not missed something. In most common cases such as this, thiswill resolve quickly.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta