Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

My girl Boxer has been fainting a month 1/2 when

Customer Question

My girl Boxer has been fainting for about a month 1/2 when she is excited also she has become anemic down to 19 red blood cells, I have had multiple EKG's, ultrasounds done and they can not find anything wrong.. What would you suggest?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. Fainting spells can be due to heart disease or tumors that are blocking parts of the circulation system. Since the EKG is normal, the next step is an ULtrasound along with an echocardiogram that will give your vet more information on what is causing this with your sweet POlaris. Also, they should check her blood pressure since this could also cause these issues. I wish I could give you more information but, until you have more information, there is no way to know for sure how to help Polaris past this scary experience. This low amount of red blood cells will not be able to give the Brain the amount of oxygen that the brain requires....your vet will have to determine what is causing this low red blood cell count which could be an autoimmune disease or other issues. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****