Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

She is slinking around, tail tucked, can't get comfortable,

Customer Question

She is slinking around, tail tucked, can't get comfortable, panting
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Toula, age 8
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Toula?
Customer: She takes rimadyl for limber tail
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Toula's behavior suggests pain, anxiety, or the anxiety that arises due to pain. The source of the pain, however, needs to be clarified which often can be done by witnessing other symptoms and/or by a thorough physical exam. For example, vomiting or diarrhea might suggest that the pain arises from the gastrointestinal tract and a physical exam might detect a painful back. If a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug (NSAID) such as Rimadyl (carprofen) isn't providing enough analgesia, Toula's vet can prescribe a narcotic analgesic such as tramadol.

I regret that I can't be more specific for you from here. I, too, would need to physically examine Toula and perhaps perform diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests and imaging in the form of X-rays or ultrasound.